Saturday 31 December 2011

Golden Pint Awards 2011


[Image by Rob, I might have a glass of beer]

Although I've only been blogging for a few months I thought I'd still have some fun and try my hand at the Beer Blogger's end-of-year list. Also as the little-grey-cells decrease in number and activity it'll help me remember a bit about the year, so here are my very subjective Best-Of during the past year.



Best UK Draught (Cask or Keg) Beer:
Thornbridge Evenlode (cask) - Port Street Beer House, Manchester

Best UK Bottled or Canned Beer:
Brewdog Hello My Name is Ingrid

Best Overseas Draught Beer:
Mikkeller Not Just Another Wit - CASK, London

Best Overseas Bottled Beer:
Schneider Tap4 Mein Grünes (liked it more than the TapX)

Best Overall Beer:
Thornbridge Evenlode

Best Pumpclip or Label:
Loch Lomond Brewery - The West Highland Way

Best UK Brewery:
Fyne Ales

Best Overseas Brewery:
Weissbierbrauerei G. Schneider & Sohn

Pub/Bar of the Year:
Port Street Beer House, Manchester for range & quality of cask/keg beers and great staff
Laurieston Bar, Glasgow as the most 'comfortable' pub to enjoy a beer (and they now do cask Fyne Ales - well done, Rob)

Beer Festival of the Year:
London Brewers Alliance Showcase

Supermarket of the Year:
Booths - on holiday in Lancashire in May

Independent Retailer of the Year:
Dunnottar Wine & Spirits, Stonehaven

Online Retailer of the Year:
AleselA - the best packaging for beer bottles I've seen

Best Beer Blog or Website:
In general Glasgow Bars and a Crane for the inside pictures of Glasgow pubs, but The Beer Monkey's Wetherspoon's pub crawl had me in stitches.

Best Beer Twitterer:
@GuestBeerGuide - Tasting Notes & tweets of the month roundup

Food and Beer Pairing of the Year:
Chicken & Veg soup with Pennvael Amber at The Corbie Inn, 10th Dec. 2011

In 2012 I’d Most Like To…
Go to the Munich Oktoberfest


Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment